Would you prefer watching or reading this episode? If so, click here for the ‘Stinging Nettle with Rosemary Gladstar’ video and transcript.
Nettle brings a sensation that no other herb brings, creating an unforgettable experience for any herbalist.
In this episode, I sit down with Rosemary Gladstar, author of 12 books, including Medicinal Herbs, A Beginners Guide.
She is also the author and director of the popular home study course,
The Science and Art of Herbalism, and the co-founder of the
International Herbs Symposium. We discussed her journey to becoming an
herbalist and how she has helped countless others start using medicinal
herbs in their everyday lives. It was an absolute pleasure and honor to
have Rosemary as my first guest on the podcast.
Rosemary’s favorite herbs is stinging nettle. We explore the many
nourishing benefits of nettle and its valuable healing properties. The
more I know about her, and every time I hear her teach, I learn
something new. Our conversation brought me immense joy, and I’m excited
to share it with you.
Rosemary has generously offered listeners a
$75 discount to her home study course, The Science and Art of
Herbalism. To sign up visit her website and use “nesto” as the coupon
code. This offer is available until June 30th, 2021.
You can read more about stinging nettle in both of my books, Alchemy of Herbs: Transform Everyday Ingredients Into Foods & Remedies That Heal and Wild Remedies: How to Forage Healing Foods and Craft Your Own Herbal Medicine.
As an herbalist, the reason that I love nettle is because it is an incredibly wonderful and potent medicinal plant that has a general medicinal effect on many, or I would say a specific medicinal effect on many organ systems of the body, but it’s also safe. It’s also an incredible source of food and nutrients.
What You’ll Learn from This Episode
- [03:28] Growing up in Sonoma County and the root of Rosemary’s love of plants
- [05:18] Rosemary’s journey to becoming an herbalist
- [08:01] Why nettle is one of Rosemary’s favorite plants
- [10:00] Medicinal benefits of nettle
- [11:45] Nettle’s prickly nature as a therapeutic gift
- [15:54] Nettle’s rich history and diverse use beyond medicine and food
- [17:18] How nettle continues to spring into popularity over the years
- [19:08] Using nettle for cooking in your daily life
- [24:57] Nettle as an overall well-being tonic
- [29:04] Rosemary shares about her current projects
- [31:55] Rosemary’s thoughts on how herbs instill hope through nature connection
Download Your Materials
Connect With Us
Are Your Ready for More Herbal Inspiration?
The best way to get started is by joining my herbal community and weekly newsletter where I share my best herbal tips and insights.
When you join you’ll also get access to The Herbal Jumpstart Course which helps you figure out the best herbs for you.